The Seraphim: Part 8: Preparing the Bride
So far in our research about the seraphim we have not been able to find any biblical facts to support the generally held belief that they are some special class of angels in heaven that are especially close to God. However, there is a lot of evidence that they are actually human beings living in the end times who have come into the fullness of Christ. They have been presented symbolically in Scripture because it served God’s purpose that they not be identified until it was time for them to minister. The Holy Spirit is now revealing their true identity because the time for them to come forth has arrived.
At this present time great darkness is enveloping the entire earth. By darkness I mean evil beyond anything ever known on earth until this time. We should not be surprised, however, because we are living at the time of the great harvest of the earth prior to the return of Jesus Christ to his people. We will see the greatest good of all time manifested in the people of God who come into the fullness of Christ, and we will, and are, seeing the greatest evil of all time not yet fully manifested but soon to be revealed in those people who have chosen to serve the Devil.
It would appear that there are plans in place to starve to death multiplied millions of people this winter. The polite term for this on the news reports is “severe food shortages.” When I say plans are in place to starve multitudes of people, there are actual facts to substantiate this claim. The reported facts include the following:
- Geoengineering—our government as well as others worldwide has the technology to control the weather and they are using it to destroy our food supply. The most recent example would be hurricane Ian. There is scientific proof that this was deliberately created and its path manipulated to do the greatest damage in specific areas. One vital target regarding our nation’s ability to grow food was a fertilizer plant that provides one half the fertilizer used by our farmers nationwide. The farmer whose land surrounds our home said that his fertilizer bill quadrupled for this summer’s crops. Add to that the severe drought we sustained this summer and the result is massive crop failures. If his fertilizer bill quadrupled before the destruction of the fertilizer plant, think what it may be next spring. I could give other examples such as the California drought but you can see that obviously something is going on here.
- It has been reported that over one hundred food processing plants have burned down nationwide in the past year or so.
- Massive problems with our transportation systems, trucking and railways, have threatened our nation’s ability to transport food to distribution centers.
The headline in the Democrat and Chronicle newspaper in Rochester, NY last Sunday was that heating bills for New Yorkers are expected to double this winter. The deer roaming the fields around our house have dark grey coats, the darkest we have seen in the 27 years we have lived in this area. The old timers say this is an indication of an especially cold winter to come. The darker color of the animals’ coats enables them to absorb more of the sun, so they say. With heating bills escalating and food prices rising along with everything else, many people are going to be hard pressed to meet their basic needs for survival this winter.
The Word from God in our churches coming forth from our reading of Scripture and from the prophecies is that we are to diligently seek a closer relationship with Jesus as he is the only one who will see us through the difficult times ahead. The Lord is indicating that the grey area between righteousness and evil is closing and we will either be on one side or the other. There can be no more straddling of the fence with one foot in the world and the other in the Kingdom.
So what does this have to do with the seraphim? Plenty! These people in the fullness of Christ will be ministering a pure word from God to his people to help them rise up into a new realm in God reserved for the church of the end times. In this realm, the Lord Jesus Christ will manifest himself to his people and guide them into a place of safety and joy much like Adam and Eve experienced in the garden. They will not need to leave the earth because Jesus himself is coming to them and where Jesus is, all needs will be met and safety provided. It is imperative that we do everything in our power to draw closer to the Lord because to be lukewarm is a very dangerous place to be in these days of uncertainty. We must make certain that we not be like the five foolish virgins who had no oil for their lamps.
So far in our seraphim study we have seen that these are actually human beings in the fullness of Christ in the end times. These people have been prepared all their lives by God for this time so they can be his vessels through whom he can minister to his church in preparation for her becoming his pure spotless bride.
There was a woman in the Old Testament who went through a great preparation to be a bride for a king and that woman was Esther. The one in charge of her preparation was Hegai. Let’s look at this account through the lens of biblical types and we will see confirmation about what the Holy Spirit will be revealing about the preparation of the Lord’s bride in the end times here in Isaiah. Here is our list of participants:
Esther is a type of the church/bride being prepared for the coming of the Lord
Hegai, the one who was in charge of the women, represents the Holy Spirit who is preparing this bride
King Ahasuerus is a type of King Jesus
It is most interesting to note what the name “Hegai” (as a type of the Holy Spirit) means in the Hebrew language. Hegai means (1) word (2) meditation (3) groaning, and (4) separation. These are four important particulars we all need to heed in preparation for the coming of King Jesus.
- The Word must be uppermost in our lives. We should not let one single day go by without spending as much time as possible in the Bible, pouring over the passages and…
- Meditating on them. Just reading the Bible is not enough to prepare the bride. We must memorize passages of the Bible, study them, think about them during the day, and when we lie down at night let them be in our thoughts as we drift off to sleep. (If you think you can’t memorize or you hate memorizing, just listen to Esther Mui’s songs at www.ScriptureSongsForWorship.com and before you know it, you will have many whole scripture passages memorized and going around in your mind in song.) This quickly thwarts the enemy’s attempts to put false ideas and temptations into your mind because there is a wall of pure Scripture in your mind that he can’t break through. In this way, the Word of God is a shield you carry inside of yourself wherever you go. Just one bad thought and I immediately have several verses of Scripture ready to go, my shield is up and the evil one falls back defeated.
- We are to groan—yes, groan! We find this word particularly in Romans 8 and 2 Corinthians 5 where we find them in a common theme—the redemption of the body and the lifting of the curse off of creation. Here are a few:
For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
- Separation – from worldly pursuits and pastimes, from so-called brethren that teach false doctrines, etc.
It is interesting to see how an important message for Christians today was hidden in a historical account of the preparation of a bride for a king thousands of years ago.
With these things in mind, our next article on the seraphim on Isaiah 1:3, 4 will reveal the amazing things that happen as the seraphim minister to prepare the bride for the coming of her bridegroom Jesus.